Interactive Header

Robin Writes Header
Robin Writes Header
home bio contact projects interviews

Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Easter and A to Z


We did this with the Cub Scouts for Pack Meeting-Super Fun, but harder to get those darn glow sticks to stay inside the eggs than we expected. (We ended up taping them shut.)
I LOVE Easter. 
I've already organized two Easter Egg Hunts, and led the Bunny Hop. Easter is a wonderful time to celebrate spring, new life, and Jesus's Resurrection. Easter morning of '99 I went to the Sunrise Service at the Garden Tomb. Nothing beats waking up Jerusalem (and the world) with the shout, "He is Risen."

Happy Easter, blogging world 

Come back Monday to find out which of the 4 themes I picked for my A to Z. I'll give you a hint:

What's your favorite Easter tradition? Have you tried glow-in-the-dark hunts before? Let me know if you're doing the A to Z Challenge.

See you Monday!

14 comments:

  1. At Target the other day, I saw glow in the dark easter eggs. I didn't buy them because the only rooms we have that don't have any windows are too small for egg hunts. They look cool though, but I wonder how long they stay glowing.

    Maybe i'll wait until after easter when it goes on clearance. :)

    We just do dinner with extended family for easter. Luckily it'll be in town this year.

    I'll be doing A to Z, so see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glow in the dark eggs would have been easier. I didn't know those existed. Dang. Next time. We did them inside our church buidling in the gym. There aren't any windows, so it was D-A-R-K. #sofun

      I'll be checking out your posts for A to Z

      Delete
  2. I'm arranging an egg hunt this weekend, hoping it stays fine! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great hunt, but maybe just in case bring tape:D

      Thanks for the follow, off to find your blog.

      Delete
  3. Have a great weekend. We're looking forward to a quiet 4 day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Natalie. Enjoy your 4 days of quiet.

      Delete
  4. As one of the A to Z Challenge Co-Hosts, I'm just dropping by all the blogs entered to make sure I'm following. Nice to meet you, Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, Matthew! Thanks for the follow and good luck keeping up with all the blogs for A to Z!

      Delete
  5. My kids would love doing a glow-in-the-dark hunt! A to Z Monday, here we come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun! We don't have a good place to do this at my house, but we could always wait until night. I can see cub scouts going nuts over this. Heck - I'd go nuts over hunting for glow in the dark eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to do in the cultural hall. But a few of the little bitties did cry because it was dark...and one of the kids hit up the snack table while no one was looking-lol

      Delete
  7. Very cool easter fun!! Cub scouts is dang creative

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids are too old for Easter egg hunts-17yrs and 14yrs. Wish I had known about glow in the dark hunts when they were little because we would have totally done one!

    I'm also doing the a-z challenge with a steampunk/victorian theme. Looking forward to seeing what your theme is! Good Luck this month!

    ReplyDelete