Interactive Header

Robin Writes Header
Robin Writes Header
home bio contact projects interviews

Saturday, November 30, 2013

NaNoFied

*waves* 50,000 you are looking mighty fine. 50K, fifty thousand. In all your varieties I'm thrilled to reach you...


Yesterday with 4000 words left to go I sat down after the non-writing of wonderful Thanksgiving and nothing came. I mean seriously, I couldn't even reach the 1667 daily WC goal. By 10:30 I'd fallen asleep in front of the screen multiple times and discovered "e" is the key I hit as I fall asleep typing. Whether it's because "e" is so often used, or that middle fingers weigh more, or because I'm left handed I'm not sure. Anyone else experienced this phenomenon? Well, moving on:)

I gave up and went to bed then woke up this morning and the words flowed off my fingertips. 2.5k in the1.5 hours before the family woke. I completed the home stretch (640 words) just now, went through the stress of figuring out how to compile from Scrivener (file, compile, choose your fomat), and validated my novel. Thanks to all who cheered me on in the process and all the other writers out there keeping me going. The #5amwritersclub helped so dang much. Hugs and left-over pumpkin pie for everyone:) And if you're still beating at the keys, you guys can do it! I'm cheering for you!

Random stats:
Number of days I wrote: 24
Biggest word count day: 5,137
Smallest word count day: 544
Number of manuscripts I worked on: 2 (45k in Voices and 5k in Red)
Number of Write-Ins I attended: Zero, but I'll correct this next year.
Estimated number of words to finish my novel: 15 K

 I'll have a few reviews up next week. See you then. And thanks, guys, for reading my blog and giving me comment love. This thankful month, I'm especially thankful for you.

Now to finish my other November challenge:
buttons, eight ornaments, and the hanger to go.

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Robin! I'm always super WOWed by people who can work between two novels like that. Must be nice to switch gears and give one story a little rest (for a day or two at least). Congrats on completing NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats, Robin! So cool that you kept stats like that. I lose track of everything when I'm drafting. You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! Congrats, Robin! I love reading over your stats for it. It's a fun idea to keep track of all those. Good luck on getting it finished up before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete